Searching for robust BigCommerce shipping apps to make your fulfillment process easy and trouble-free? Read our review of the best 3 solutions for a start. For every online merchant, there’s nothing more important than customer satisfaction. One of the vital facets of e-commerce that can make consumers happy or otherwise is shipping. In this post, […]
You might be thinking that social media marketing is the most effective way of acquiring leads and converting them to customers these days. Think again! Despite its venerable age, email marketing brings more ROI than marketing via Facebook, Instagram, or other social media channels: $38 for every $1 spent. It’s also 40 times more effective than the major social media outlets in its ability to acquire new customers.
New technologies that have evolved over the past decade or so have also greatly contributed to the success of email marketing campaigns. Email service providers such as HubSpot, Campaign Monitor, or SendGrid offer advanced software for email marketers with cutting-edge features such as autoresponders, A/B testing, email list segmentation, detailed analytics, and others.
Many of these apps can now be integrated directly into e-commerce websites, making emails an even more efficient tool than ever. If you’re the owner of a BigCommerce-powered online store, you’ll find numerous apps in this platform’s marketplace to help you boost your email marketing efforts.
Here’s a rundown of the apps that the BigCommerce community has found particularly valuable, judging by their popularity ratings.
MailChimp for BigCommerce allows you to automate your marketing operations. It enables you to make use of your BigCommerce purchase data for crafting targeted email marketing campaigns with product recommendations.
You can set up an autoresponder to send a ‘thank you’ message to a customer who has bought something in your store or automatically inform your contacts about the newest items for purchase whenever they are added to the inventory.
You can also get detailed information about your BigCommerce store’s customer shopping patterns by reviewing comprehensive reports on their actions. That will help you find an individual approach to every customer. By using tags, you can neatly organize your contacts, while segmenting them into specific groups will enable you to target them more precisely.
Organizing your advertising campaign through MailChimp is easy, too:
- Facebook and Instagram ads will help you increase your website’s traffic.
- Google remarketing ads, like magnets, will draw the visitors who have left your site back to it and entice them to spend their money.
Besides, Mailchimp is versatile in terms of analysis and reporting. You can easily track the performance of campaigns. Same goes for integrations with other platforms. For instance, export Mailchimp to BigQuery, and you’ll have a backup for your data and advanced analytics features to create live performance dashboards.
The creators of this app claim that it’s “one platform for all your conversion marketing needs” and “the most powerful free marketing app in the marketplace.” Well, actually, it’s not quite free. You can only try it free for 14 days. If you like it, you’ll have to pay a recurring fee of $29.00/month.
Justuno does have a ton of features to support the vendor’s claim, though. The most notable of them include:
- Email popups. For example, you can add exit intent popups to your BigCommerce site to get emails before a user has drifted away. Thus, the chance that your prospects will return to your store is higher.
- Cart and checkout abandonment offers. For instance, you can add single-use and bulk coupon codes to banners, popups, and follow-up messages.
- Multiple-criteria targeting and segmentation. A/B testing will allow you to test your designs, texts, and offers so that you can figure out which of them works better for you.
The app gets regular monthly updates. The developers consider the latest industry trends, users’ suggestions, and new BigCommerce features. Justuno has received mostly favorable feedback from the BigCommerce community. At the moment of writing, it has 4.0 of 5 stars with 44 reviews.
To illustrate how Justuno can boost the sales of your BigCommerce store, the IdealDrapes site with this app on board managed to increase its revenue by 41% and conversion by 318%. Impressive, right?
You’re invited to join “more than 30,000 merchants” who have integrated Omnisend’s BigCommerce app into their stores and now enjoy from 20% to 30% more sales. The vendor claims that their one-stop email marketing platform allows users to automate every essential task without having to spend more on separate applications.
One of the features that Ominsend’s BigCommerce app creators take pride in is the excellent customer support service 24/7 via email, direct messaging on the platform, and the Knowledge Base. No distinction is made for users who’ve chosen the free plan or one of the paid options. You’ll get top-notch assistance at any time, day or night.
Ominsend’s BigCommerce app gives you the following features:
- Website Tracking enables you to see not only which of the BigCommerce website’s pages your visitors are browsing, but also which products or categories they’re viewing in real time. If this is your existing customer, you can then send them SMS-messages or emails using this information.
- Segmentation, lists, and reports help you make your email marketing campaigns more personalized. By using the provided analytics package, you can see the effectiveness of your email marketing endeavors.
- The product picker lets you import the images of items and their descriptions from your BigCommerce store up to ten times faster.
- A host of visually appealing and easily customizable email templates allows you to prepare newsletters and promotional messages in almost no time at all.
- Automatic confirmation, welcome, cart recovery, re-activation, and order follow-up messages.
At the moment of writing, the app has 4.5 of 5 stars with 104 reviews in the BigCommerce marketplace.
Yet another app that claims to be a “one-for-everything” system and boasts even more impressive statistics: 300,000 websites in 180 countries, more than 25 million emails captured, and more than 3 million checkouts driven monthly.
Privy offers a comprehensive array of features. Some of the most attractive ones are integration with a multitude of leading email service providers (SendGrid, Hubspot, Mailchimp, and many others) and a superb display designer.
The latter provides tens of beautiful templates you can easily customize to match your brand style in a flash. You can use popups, overlays, banners, spin-to-win wheels, tabs, and other web elements.
Apart from those two outstanding features, Privy users can take advantage of the following:
- Powerful on-site targeting and segmentation capabilities for more precise marketing campaigns (frequency targeting, location targeting, time and data targeting, etc.),
- High-converting campaign triggers (scrolling triggers, frequency-of-visits triggers, exiting triggers, etc.)
- Automation options (automatic newsletters, autoresponders, and master or unique codes in any automated emails automatically synchronized with a BigCommerce store).
Privy has been favorably accepted by the BigCommerce merchants: 4.5 of 5 stars with 91 reviews.
While you can try this BigCommerce app free for 14 days, after that you’ll have to pay a recurring fee of $15.00 a month. Probably the reason for such a hefty bill is that “with ActiveCampaign, you’ll be able to go beyond email marketing,” as the app’s developer promises.
ActiveCampaign for BigCommerce has gathered email marketing, customer relationship management, and marketing automation under one solid roof. BigCommerce store owners will be able to send personalized follow-up messages to their customers based on the products they’ve viewed or pages they’ve visited. Result: a soaring conversion rate, a better rapport with the customers, and an increase in sales.
Here are some other benefits of ActiveCampaign:
- The whole of the BigCommerce store customer data is synchronized to ActiveCampaign
- All the details of a customer’s order will be added to their profile
- A customer’s lifetime value for a business is estimated in the automatic mode
- Automatic messages are sent to customers who have purchased a certain product in the past when you’re having a sale on that item now.
Email marketing is a mighty tool for increasing conversion rates and driving sales. The BigCommerce marketplace has some useful applications you can integrate with your online shop to facilitate your email marketing campaigns. Any of the five apps we’ve reviewed in this post can contribute to a higher ROI when used the right way.
The best thing is that they’re all free to try, meaning you have enough time to understand which of them meets your specific requirements.
In the meantime, the GetDevDone developers can always help you integrate all kinds of apps with your BigCommerce store. They can also customize any BigCommerce theme you provide or create a unique one for you. Get in touch with us for this and other services today!